- 100% of the proceeds is dedicated to the Dare to Fly with AOPA Instrument Rating Scholarship, up to $5,000.
- Distressed look, buttonless and unstructured, it's the comfortable hat every pilot loves.
- Sporting the word Fly on the right side and a compass rose with Amelia Earhart's saying: "Adventure is Worthwhile in Itself" on the left side.
- Adjustable velcro closure on matching fabric with Dare to Fly™ logo.
- Dare to #flywithAOPA on the brim. Like AOPA, Dare to Fly strongly promotes aviation. We want to help get more people in the cockpit and help certificated pilots stay current and keep proficient.
- Dare to Fly with AOPA Scholarship is for certificated pilots seeking an Instrument Rating. The scholarship application is now open. The application period will run January 4, 2019 through April 2, 2019, 11:59 p.m., EDT. The scholarship award will be announced in late May/early June and presented at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2019. Apply here
- Note, this hat CAN'T be customized with your tail number. I you want a grey fly hat request it in the comments under the "Custom Tail Number Fly Hat", thank you.